Position - Print & Textile Designer
Print & Textile Designer
Spell is considered a leader within the female fashion industry, with a distinct and considered connection to the community Spell chooses to operate with best practice, from Ethics & Sustainability, our Supply Chain, through to our Internal Operations. We seek to inspire and innovate in all that we do.
The Print and Textile Designer is responsible for the seamless creation of print and textile artwork, from proposal, creation, and development of initial concept through to completion. Working closely with the Creative Director and Creative and Design Manager, the print & textile designs will support seasonal inspiration and the creative vision of Spell’s aesthetic.
- Manage artwork development throughout the entire process
- Adhere to timelines from briefing, file send out through to production approval
- Collaborate with cross functional teams and global partners to ensure all deadlines and deliverables are consistently met
- Achieve Sustainability goals within the Print & Textile Department
- Collaborate with Creative Director/Creative & Design Manager to create original artwork
- Collaborate with Product & Technical team to ensure artwork for yardages, print placements and engineered artwork meet consumption targets.
- Create comprehensive and complete specifications for all artworks.
- Ensure timely feedback on artwork comments
- Research, identify and interpret trends and vintage research and translate into artwork
- Interpret colour direction from the Creative Director/Creative and Design Manager and create original artwork colour palettes with consideration for the seasonal colour story
- Assist in sourcing new trims, materials and techniques as required
- Track artwork developments ensuring all strike offs and bulk approvals are consistent
- Ensure SPELL’s digital textile archive is kept up to date and organised
- Grade placement artwork for all necessary styles
- Collaborate with other departments to create artwork assets in line with Spell aesthetic
Your passion to be part of a dynamic team and impeccable attention to detail, together with a genuine passion for textiles, will help you achieve your personal best. You are fully proficient in Illustrator and Photoshop with a good colour sense and eye for detail. You possess an enthusiastic attitude with the ability to work collaboratively and efficiently in a team environment.
- A degree in fashion design or textile design with a focus on prints
- Professional Print/ Textile Design background with 4+ years relevant experience
- Excellent skills with Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat
- Knowledge of garment patterns to assist with print placement needs
- Display a strong attention to detail
- Up to date on design trends, industry developments and current textile processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of fabric and apparel printing methods
- Show initiative with strong self-leadership skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- You have a positive can-do approach to daily tasks
- You are happy to take direction, interpret briefs and continue to learn and grow
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills
- Understand the SPELL aesthetic
- Hand Drawing Skills
- Understanding of print techniques, processes and textile base qualities
- Understanding of sustainable print techniques and processes
- Knowledge about sustainable fabrics
- Finish at 3pm on Fridays
- Clothing allowance and generous staff discounts
- Supportive work environment
- Beautiful Byron Bay location
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com
At Spell our vision is to inspire, beautifully – in harmony with people and planet and we are committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunity for all.